This is my ’15 minutes at 6 am’ recipe which I throw together and leave to cook while I indulge in my early morning yoga practice.
Making the couscous is mere child’s play and preparing the peppers is equally simple. Pan roasting the peppers brings out their natural sweetness and by the time I am halfway through my practice, I have perfectly cooked, fluffy couscous with deliciously fragrant, roasted peppers!
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- 100g couscous
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 orange or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil + 1 tbsp extra for the peppers
- 240 boiled water ml water + 1 tbsp extra for the peppers
- 1/4 tsp crushed or flaked red chilli
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp tsp lemon juice
- extra seasoning for the peppers
How to cook
- Gently heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a small frying pan and saute the peppers for 1-2 minutes. Add 1 tbsp water, season, cover and allow to steam.
- Place all remaining ingredients in medium bowl, mix well, cover and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork.
- When the peppers are ready (after another 5 minutes) mix well into the couscous.
All you now need do is transfer your beautiful work of art into a suitable container to take to the office and you would have saved £2-£3 on your lunch!
This will make two small portions or a single larger portion.